- STORE INFORMATION
- BROWSE BOOKS
- OUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- OUR STAFF'S FAVORITES
- CONTACT US
- HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING GUIDE
You are hereBack to top
Moon Maui: Including Molokai & Lanai (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Out of Print
Endless stretches of golden sand, legendary surf, and epic outdoor adventures: Discover the true meaning of living Aloha with Moon Maui. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, from day plans for each region to a week-long Maui adventure, including coverage of neighboring islands Moloka'i and Lana'i
- Strategic advice for backpackers, beach-lovers, adventurers, honeymooners, families, wellness-seekers, and more
- The best outdoor adventures like kayaking, hiking, and scuba-diving, and the best beaches for swimming, surfing, and snorkeling
- Top activities and unique experiences: Drive the epic 30-mile Road to Hana or bike through misty hidden valleys. Hike through thick bamboo forests to thundering waterfalls or to the top of a dormant volcano. Snorkel with giant green sea turtles, learn how to catch the perfect wave, or hop on board a whale-watching tour. Unwind at a luxurious spa, jam to live music in Old Town Lahaina, or relax on the sand and watch the sunset with a mai tai in hand. Chow down on fresh fish tacos from a local food truck, sample Polynesian cuisine, and sip coconut porter beer at Hawaii's largest brewery
- Expert insight from Maui local Kyle Ellison on how to experience the island like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Maui's landscape, history, and cultural customs
- Handy tools including a Hawaiian phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for international visitors, families with kids, seniors and LGBTQ travelers
Exploring more of the islands? Check out Moon Big Island of Hawai'i, Moon Kaua'i, and Moon Honolulu & O'ahu. Visiting all of them? Check out Moon Hawaii.
About the Author
Kyle Ellison began researching the island of Maui when he first moved there at the tender age of five. Back then, the island still had three sugar mills, Wailea didn't exist, and early mornings were punctuated by the sound of bombs falling on Kaho'olawe. The island has changed considerably since then, but Kyle's love of Maui has remained.
A Maui resident, surfer, and diver, Kyle has led groups of divers as a divemaster at Molokini, led scuba tours on the island of Lana'i, hosted hundreds of hikers on Maui, and proposed to his wife off the island of Moloka'i while diving with hammerhead sharks. Kyle's son can usually be found splashing in the water at Baldwin Beach.
As a freelance writer, Kyle's work has appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle, Travel + Leisure, Maui No Ka 'Oi, Ka'anapali Magazine, AOL Travel, Escape, Journey Viator, Gadling, Afar, and the Huffington Post, and on the Travel Channel. His travels have taken him to 65 countries and 49 U.S. states. He also helped found a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships for students in Cambodia.
For more info on Kyle and his travels, visit him at kylethevagabond.com, or on Twitter and Instagram @kylethevagabond.