- STORE INFORMATION
- BROWSE BOOKS
- OUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- OUR STAFF'S FAVORITES
- CONTACT US
- HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING GUIDE
You are hereBack to top
Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas 2020 (Unofficial Guides) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Honest and Outspoken Advice on Las Vegas from the Unofficial Experts
Your guide on how to have fun and understand the crazy environment that is today's Las Vegas. With insightful writing, up-to-date reviews of major attractions, and a lot of "local" knowledge, The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas 2020 has it all. This is the only guide that explains how Las Vegas works and how to use that knowledge to make every minute and every dollar of your time there count. With advice that is direct, prescriptive, and detailed, it takes out the guesswork. The reader will also find the sections about the history of the town and the chapters on gambling fascinating. In truth, The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas 2020, by Bob Sehlinger and Seth Kubersky, emphasizes how to have fun and understand the crazy environment that is today's Vegas.
- Nearly 100 hotels and casinos described, rated, and ranked--the most offered by any guidebook--plus strategies for scoring the best room rate
- Reviews of more than 100 restaurants--a complete dining guide within the guide, plus the best buffets and brunches
- The best places to play for every casino game
- Almost 50 pages of gambling tips, including how to play, recognizing sucker games, and cutting the house advantage to the bone
- Critical reviews of more than 70 of Las Vegas's best shows
- Complete coverage of the Las Vegas nightclub, bar, and lounge scene, with surefire advice on how to get into the most exclusive venues
- Detailed instructions for avoiding Strip and I-15 traffic gridlock
- In-depth descriptions and consumer tips on shopping and experiencing attractions
OVER 6 MILLION UNOFFICIAL GUIDES SOLD
"A Tourist's Best Friend "
--The New York Times
About the Author
Bob Sehlinger, a Lowell Thomas Award-winning journalist, is best known as the creator and producer of The Unofficial Guide series. Seth Kubersky has worked for more than 20 years as a theatrical artist, culture critic, and travel journalist. Seth is the author of "The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando" and coauthor of "The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland," as well as a collaborator on "The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas" and "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". Seth is nationally recognized as an authority on theme parks and amusement attractions, and contributes to "Attractions Magazine," "AAA Via," and the "Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast." Named Best Arts Writer in The Daily City's 2013 readers' poll, Kubersky writes an arts and entertainment column, "Live Active Cultures," that appears in every issue of the "Orlando Weekly," central Florida's leading alternative newspaper. A native of Livingston, New Jersey, Kubersky earned a B.A. in theater from The College of William and Mary in Virginia. He has produced and directed dozens of plays through his award-winning Empty Spaces Theatre Co. and at the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival. As a stage technician and entertainment supervisor at Universal Orlando from 1996 to 2000, he worked on the Ghostbusters Spooktacular and Terminator 2: 3-D attractions, Mardi Gras parades, and Halloween mazes. Seth lives in Orlando with his wife, Genevieve, and their cat, Brubeck.