- STORE INFORMATION
- BROWSE BOOKS
- OUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- OUR STAFF'S FAVORITES
- CONTACT US
- HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING GUIDE
You are hereBack to top
Your Body at Work: A Guide to Sight-reading the Body Language of Business, Bosses, and Boardrooms (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
HOW DO YOU MAKE IT IN BUSINESS?
STOP LISTENING AND START WATCHING
Your Body at Work is a guide to seeing past the words that fill the hallways, conference rooms, and e-mails of your workplace, and to deciphering the hidden meanings that lie behind them. Through real-life examples from the world of business, and with background from the science of communication, you'll learn to sight-read colleagues and use your own body language to your best advantage. You'll find out:
• How a co-worker's hands, much more than her words, tell you how she felt about your presentation
• Why gestures at a meeting are more memorable than words
• When a shrug of the shoulders can mean the difference between "job well done" and "job could be better"
• How to train a nosy boss to back off—without uttering a single word
• What your shoes and your hair may be saying about your commitment to the job
• Why you'll find more smiley-face stickers in cubicles than in corner offices
David Givens has been a consultant to some of the biggest companies in the United States. With his expertise, he'll help you look past the words so you can really read your workplace.
About the Author
David Givens, Ph.D., is the director of the Center for Nonverbal Studies in Spokane, Washington. He has been a consultant for Pfizer, Epson, Wendy’s, Dell, Unilever, and Best Buy, and teaches Communication and Leadership in the graduate program of the School of Professional Studies at Gonzaga University. He is the author of Love Signals: A Practical Field Guide to the Body Language of Courtship, Crime Signals: How to Spot a Criminal Before You Become a Victim, and Your Body at Work: A Guide to Sight-reading the Body Language of Business, Bosses, and Boardrooms.
“This book sets a new standard....[Givens] is a giant who lives among us.” —from the foreword by Joe Navarro, FBI special agent (ret.) and author of Louder Than Words
“Your Body at Work is a fascinating book and a must read for anyone looking to improve their communication skills in the business world.” —Tonya Reiman, FOX News Contributor and author of The Power of Body Language and The YES Factor